Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Clothes

So, I went on my bi-annual shopping trip yesterday and today. The goal: to buy new school clothes. After bumming around SMU in my casual outfits, I will now actually have a job that requires appropriate attire. And since it is a Baptist university, I am assuming they don't want me to wear things like sleeveless shirts and open-toed shoes. Unfortunately, everything in every store is either still very summer-y or it's incredibly ugly. I only ended up buying two pairs of pants, a fantastic dress, flats, and a new handbag. I must have tried on 15 different knee-length black skirts, none of which flattered my body. This disaster means I have to go shopping again in, like, October when there are actually conservative fall clothes in the stores. I will just have to muddle through until then. Bummer!

No comments: