Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Louis Vuitton Pumps

I've never been a shoe girl. In my closet on any given day you will probably find:
brown dress shoes
black dress shoes
brown boots
black boots
one pair of sneakers
comfortable dog-walking slip ons
various flip flops

However, things changed for me a few years back when I saw these gorgeous Louis Vuitton pumps:


Well, I won't say I became a shoe girl, but I became a Louis Vuitton Balmoral pump in red and black girl. Of course, there is no way I could afford these as they cost something around $650. But a girl can dream. At the time, the shoes were completely sold out, and even celebrities couldn't get them, but I found a few knock-offs on eBay that I bid on. I was willing to pay up to $70, but I kept getting outbid, and no one had the "Buy It Now" option back then. So, sadly, I let the dream die. It obviously wasn't meant to be.

Then, this week, planning my outfit for a formal Christmas party, I remembered my love for these shoes. They are a couple of seasons old now, but I figured somebody still had to be selling them. I found some knock-offs still available, but they really didn't look like the original:

Notice the red heel instead of a black one. And these cost $60! The rest of it looks good, but I felt like I could find a better copy of my beloved Balmorals. Then, I happened across across yet another
shoe:
These are nearly perfect! I don't think the velvet piping looks as good, but the black heel was key for me, and these are only $18! Seriously! So I totally bought them. I'm hoping the red will match the red in my dress, so I can wear them to the party, but even if it doesn't,
I LOVE THESE SHOES!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

has lara seen this post yet? b/c it seems like she's recently had an "i love shoes" awakening also.

yotababy said...

Ha--Shannon is correct. I love shoes too! But two years ago, I probably only had like five pairs, only two of which I actually ever wore (both of those pairs being flip-flops). My job has actually made me really enjoy dressing up and looking nice, which I never really liked before. Also, Erin's shoe closet was quite insipiring, especially when I got to partake of the pairs she no longer had room for!

And the Louis Vuittons? HOT! I can't wait to see them!