Thursday, November 15, 2007

Annoying Parents

My neighbors have this little girl. Well, I don't know if she's theirs, but I see her at their apartment 2 or 3 times a week. I think she's about 2 years old. She's very cute with blond little curls. The bad part is that she's kind of obsessed with my dog. And my dog is kind of obsessed with sitting at our front door which is about 95% glass, staring out and barking at anything that moves. So, the 2 or 3 times a week this little girl is over, she is constantly outside (at 11:30 pm, sometimes!), pointing at my dog, and carrying on somewhat. Which drives the Toad crazy. The thing is, half the time, her accompanying adults walk her over to my door and start pointing at the Toad as well, while all the time I'm yelling at him to "Be quiet!" and "Get your frog!" I pretty much have to go pick him up and physically remove him from the door to get him to calm down.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking - why don't you just get some blinds or something? Toad has destroyed every set of blinds in the apartment already. And, frankly, I like that the door is a window. I like the natural light. What would really solve the problem is if these people would refrain from baiting my dog. But, how exactly do I broach the subject? Like I said, I don't know if my neighbors are even the little girl's parents, so I don't know if saying something to them would help. And what do I say? I just don't think there's any way I can deal with this situation that doesn't make me come off looking like a bitch. This post probably makes me sound like a bitch. Whatever. It's an invasion of my privacy, and it BUGS me.

No comments: