Monday, June 23, 2008

Juneau, Alaska


Juneau was really pretty. Of course, the place where we ported was super touristy, but you could totally tell there was a real city in there if you only had the stamina to walk to it - which we didn't. The most beautiful mountain was right next to the city, and it had a waterfall all the way from the snow-capped part to the lowest part you could see. I took a ton of pictures of it, and I actually said, "Good-bye, beautiful mountain!" when we were leaving.


We also saw a bald eagle that landed on this green building. He would fly away for a while, but he always came back!


An interesting fact about Juneau is that it is inaccessible by road from other cities in Alaska. If you want to go to Juneau, you have to either fly or sail. So weird! And it's the capital of Alaska! And you can't even drive there!

That evening, my whole family went on a whale-watching tour.


We saw several humpback whales, and that's another thing I can cross off my "List of Things To Do Before I Die." I loved it!

No comments: