Wednesday, January 2, 2008

High School Dreams

I have these recurring dreams that there was some mistake with my grades from high school, and I have to back because I never fulfilled my P.E. requirement. So, I'm 30 years old wandering around my high school trying to find my locker, and I'm lost and end up being late or missing class entirely.

I had one of these dreams last night. There are different variations on it - sometimes I make it to class, and all the other girls make fun of me, or I find my locker, but I can't remember the combination. Last night I was in some torrid high school love affair, and I was trying to avoid the other people involved.

I don't know why I have these dreams, but I get them pretty frequently. I think it just goes to show how important my teenage years were to my development. They were nice years, but also traumatic, and I think that's why my psyche defaults to them. I've never tried to analyze these dreams - maybe because I have them so often, I either disregard them as silly stress dreams, or maybe I'm too scared of what my brain is trying to tell me about myself.

1 comment:

yotababy said...

I know a lot of people that have dreams about being back in high school, but I don't really know what that means. I tend to dream more about being back in college, only generally there's some celebrity I know who also goes to school there. So far, there's been David Bowie, Martin Short, Charlie Sheen and David Spade. Huh? It doens't make sense to me either.