Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Most Annoying Cell Phone Ring Ever

I have just discovered it. At precisely 6:52 this morning, my roommate's cell phone began to ring. It is now 7:23, and it has not stopped yet! The song: "Alouette." You may have heard Pepe Le Pew sing it when you were a kid. It goes a little something like this:

Alouette, gentille alouette,
Alouette, je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tete,
Je te plumerai la tete,
Et la tete, et la tete
Alouette, alouette,
Ooooooooooh!
Alouette, gentille Alouette,
Alouette, je te plumerai.

Translation:
Lark, gentle lark
Lark, I'm going to pluck you
I am going to pluck your head
I am going to pluck your head
And your head, and your head
Lark, lark
Ooooooh!
Lark, gentle lark,
Lark, I'm going to pluck you.

Then it continues with different parts of the bird's body: I am going to pluck your throat, your beak, your neck, etc., etc.

This website has a pretty cheesy version of it if you want to hear the tune:
http://www.songsforteaching.com/french/parapluie/alouette.htm

It's probably the most annoying song ever. Especially at 6:52 in the morning. Played in tinny cell phone beeps. Oh. My. Goodness. Now I kind of want to go pluck HER head.

1 comment:

yotababy said...

Oh, wow. Great start to the day, huh? Happy birthday, Laura, I'm giving you the gift of INSANITY!