Saturday, August 30, 2008

House Closing

We closed on our new house yesterday. It was exciting and not as bad as we were led to believe it would be as far as the paperwork goes. We went later in the afternoon to pick up the keys, and when I opened the envelope, this fell out:



That, my friends, is a leopard print key. And now I kind of want to decorate the house like a jungle. You know, to keep with the whole theme.

We took Toad with us to see the place. He really likes the yard and had a lot of fun running around the empty rooms. I think he'll like it there.

The one bad thing was that when I went to unlock the front door with my leopard key, there was a sign hanging on the knob from the pool company that said "Pool motor went bad. Needs repair. Call me." Since we had owned the house for exactly 12 minutes at the point, I called the realtor and asked what we should do. Luckily, we have a home warranty that covers the pool, so if it is our responsibility to fix it, we don't have to pay for it. But it's kind of a bummer to arrive at your brand new house (at least, it's new to us) and discover a huge repair immediately needs to be done.

So, we are officially homeowners. We'll throw a party once we're settled in and remodeled. And we get the pool fixed!

2 comments:

The Kilcoynes said...

Bummer about the pool. But, a leopard print key? Now THAT is a conversation starter!

JASClark said...

A conversation started at a key party!