Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stuck in the Bahamas!

J and I just got back from the Bahamas, and boy, was it fun! We got there on Sunday afternoon, and I was very excited about our oceanview suite. It certainly had an oceanview, but unfortunately the whole ambience was rather marred by the fact that our room was stuck between the elevators and the air conditioning unit for the whole building. So, while we could technically see the ocean, all we could hear was the air conditioner hum-hum-humming and the elevator dinging. I had to wear ear plugs at night because it was so loud. Disappointed in the value for our money, we asked the hotel if they would let us switch rooms, and they put us in an oceanfront room for the next two nights at no additional cost. THIS, my friends, was a vacation! The view was gorgeous, and much relaxation was had! Here is a photo of 75% of my vacation:



That's me sitting on our new balcony, reading a trashy romance novel. Paradise.

Our trip was great until the end when our plane broke, our flight was canceled, and we were forced to stay an extra night, meaning that J had to take an unplanned extra day of vacation. I know, I know - poor me, I had to stay an extra day in the Bahamas. Boo hoo! But, really, when that extra day is spent sitting in the airport, it's just not that fun.

Anyway, we are back in Dallas now getting ready for our cruise to Alaska in two weeks! Yaaaaay! I love to travel. I think I am going to start a travel blog in addition to this one. Yippee! Here is another picture of us dressed up for dinner. We have been taking good pictures lately - must be the new camera!


2 comments:

Helen said...

Look how pretty you all are!!

Mentanna said...

the bahamas and alaska? i am actually whimpering...just tell me you will be around sometime between the 4th and 15th of june....