Friday, May 30, 2008

Chicken

I realize now that I don't like eating chicken. All we have in our freezer is chicken breasts, and I am practically gagging thinking about how much I don't want to eat it. Here's what I think my problem is: they are skinless, boneless chicken breasts. So, if I just cook them with salt and pepper or whatever, they will be so bland and dry that I want to gag. I put Jonathan on a mission to find a good chicken sauce. But then the problem becomes "do we have the ingredients to make the sauce in our house?" The answer about 85% of the time is no. Because when we're down to just a bunch of frozen chicken breasts, that means we're pretty much out of everything. And if I go to the store, I will buy a bunch of groceries that I will eat instead of said frozen chicken breasts, and then all I will be left with at the end is a bunch of frozen chicken breasts. It is a vicious cycle.

We are trying to make an effort to be healthy before we go on our cruise. I have never been on one before, but from what I hear, cruises are a constant food-fest. I'm assuming this food-fest comes in buffet form. I can pretty much control myself at buffets as far as portions go because I think buffets are gross, but I'm not so good with making healthy choices. I'm much more likely to just eat the pizza or the fried whatever instead of braving the possibly bacteria-infested grilled vegetables that have been sitting there all afternoon because everyone is eating the pizza.

Anyway, if any of you know of a good chicken sauce that doesn't have a lot of complicated (ie, perishable) ingredients, please send the recipe to me. You would be greatly assisting me in my efforts to 1) actually eat all of the frozen chicken in my freezer instead of just going to Taco Cabana and 2) be a healthier person in general. Thanks!

2 comments:

yotababy said...

I don't know about chicken sauce, but on the last cruise we were on, there was no buffet in sight. You just ordered off a menu like you do in a regular restaurant. Maybe that's not typical, but that's how it was for us. Just so you know.

The Kilcoynes said...

yep... there was no buffet on our cruise either. It was great, but no buffet-- except at midnight