Thursday, March 13, 2008

On Vacation


I couldn't resist checking my e-mail and finding that NYU sent me a letter. Result: wait list. At least it's not a rejection.


We are having a great time so far. Spent all day yesterday with a Peruvian cab driver in Lima, and we were pretty impressed at how well we communicated with him. We totally fooled our driver this morning into thinking we SPOKE SPANISH. Very fun.


Now we are in Cusco, which is a very pretty city. We are suffering from some mild altitude sickness, though, as it we are completely winded after climbing only two little flights of stairs to get to our room. Jonathan ordered guinea pig for dinner, and it came whole with its head - tiny fangs and all. Crazy. It tasted like duck.


Tomorrow we are off to Macchu Picchu. No strikes, so I guess we are going to get to see it! I am so excited.


2 comments:

Helen said...

That is so cool. That you are there and still blogging. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. Do you have a flickr account? If they have any of those plastic bags I use as purses, I'd love to have one. Fantastic yarn also comes from that area. Not that I want any of that. I have enough, but you might find some to get you excited about knitting (again). Tell Jonathan hi.

yotababy said...

I SO can't wait to see your pics of Macchu Picchu--I've always wanted to go there. It looks absolutely INCREDIBLE. Mmmm... We'll have to have another slide show on your tv when you get back! :)