Thursday, March 20, 2008

And We're Back!

We got in yesterday after several flight delays and over 24 hours of sitting either on planes or in airports. We are lucky to have gotten back yesterday at all since DFW had been closed and everyone was trying to make up for their missed flights. American Airlines took really good care of us, so I don't really have much to complain about.

Our trip was great. We won't have pictures to show for a little while because a guy we asked to take our picture dropped our camera and broke it. Brand new camera finito. We are going to take it to a shop and see if they can repair it, but I think we will probably have to buy a new one. We'll see. We bought a disposable camera after that, and some people who ended up in almost every place we were in offered to take pictures and e-mail them. We took them up on it, but I don't know how long it will be before we hear from them.

All in all, Peru is just gorgeous. So lush and green, and the people we met were very friendly and happy we wanted to see their country. I would go back someday.

In grad school news, I got into UT Arlington. Yay! I actually got in somewhere. I don't know about financial packages yet. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

The Kilcoynes said...

Congrats on UT Arlington! Can't wait to see your pics.