Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dismembered Paw Dream

I had been picked for some popularity contest thing. I don't remember that part. Anyway, somehow I figured out that cutting off my dog's paw would make me popular. So, I cut off his paw and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, his bloody paw was stuck to my comforter. I peeled it off and threw it in the trash. Then I realized what a horrible thing I had done. I went over to him and examined his bloody stump, crying and wishing I could go back in time and undo it.

Here's the analysis:

Dog:
Dogs in dreams could symbolize a large variety of ideas and concepts, but mostly they are symbolic of the dreamer's defensive structure and may represent personal boundary issues. Carefully consider all of the details and the mood in your dream. First, if you have a dog, it may be natural to dream about him. We become emotionally attached to our dogs and we dream about them just as we dream about anything else that is important to us. Otherwise, dogs could symbolize loyalty and hard work. Finally, dogs could represent the more basic or "animal" parts of our nature and some think that they specifically represent male energy.

A dog being in trouble or being sick or overlooked can mean you may be overlooking a responsibility for yourself or your life.

If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts.

Animal Paw:
To see an animal paw in your dream, suggests that you need to trust your intuition and animal instincts.

Dismemberment:
You are feeling disempowered and experiencing some great and significant loss.

Power imbalance, as in feeling powerless or victimized

To dream that you are cutting something, signifies a broken relationship or severed connection.

So, my dog represents my instincts, and his paw means I should trust my intuition and instincts, but the fact that I dismembered his paw means my instincts are powerless and victimized. I think this all ties back into the negative feelings I've had this week about my PhD applications and my unfinished thesis. I don't feel I can trust myself, and I'm feeling overwhelmed and powerless. Wow, my subconscious is really smart!

No comments: