Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Deportation Dream

Jonathan and I were in a French airport, on our way to visit our friends in France. However, when we tried to go through customs, they wouldn't let us through. We had to fill out some forms, and there would be a committee meeting to vote on whether or not we would be allowed in the country. I was wandering around the airport looking for a Diet Coke when the guy who had taken our application walked up to me and said, "I just wanted you to know that I will be recommending very strongly that you two be sent home tomorrow." I asked him why, and he said, "Americans are obnoxious." I'm pretty sure he added something else about how he didn't want American missionaries in France. I said something like, "Explain to me how us visiting friends here for a week hurts your country." Then it was the next morning, and we were still in the airport waiting to hear. There was a really nice French guy who was very friendly sitting in our seats, and he asked me where Jonathan was. I said, "Probably off getting deported, you ass." Then we had a really nice conversation, and then I noticed that like half the airport was wearing "Team Clark" T-shirts, like they all wanted us to win our little battle.

The End.

1 comment:

Mentanna said...

what exactly are you drinking right before bed?