Friday, November 30, 2007

A Bad Day

I am feeling so overwhelmed by everything right now. I've felt sick all week. I am in the middle of my PhD applications which is completely intimidating. Last year's fiasco has me very scared, and despite all of the precautions I'm taking, I just know something is going to get screwed up. My thesis isn't done, and as my husband reminded me, I was supposed to have it written by Thanksgiving. The new goal is Christmas, and I'm starting to doubt that will even happen. I am feeling very down on myself and my ability to accomplish the goals I have set for myself. I am feeling very alone. I am feeling like a failure, although I haven't technically failed at anything yet. I have disappointed myself this year by my lack of accomplishment. And, I guess, in turn, I feel like I've disappointed others. Ugh. It's a bad day today.

1 comment:

Mentanna said...

i myself don't like to hear this kind of talk from you! stop it! you will get it done. i myself believe in you. scott and i, we believe in you. even if for some unknown reason you didn't finish, we would still love you. get it? keep hope alive friend.