Monday, January 12, 2009

Truly Scrumptious

I realize I just posted like an hour ago, but then I got "Truly Scrumptious" stuck in my head and I started thinking about all the vocabulary words I learned just from that one song. I'm posting the lyrics here, because they're so adorable, and I've loved this song since I was, like, 6 years old. And it really did teach me good vocabulary! Plus, I love the rhyme "delicious" with "our wishes." It taught me a little something about poetry, too, I guess. "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (The Musical!) is coming to Dallas this summer, and we have to go. I cannot forget or decide to be lazy. Please, friends, remind me that I want to do this or I will regret it!

Toot sweets sound like what they are
So do lollys in a lollypop jar
Gingerbread men have a gingerbread sound, we've found
Sugar plum cinnamon and lemon tart
Tell you what they are right from the start
And your name does the same for you

By coincidence, Truly Scrumptious,
You're truly, truly scrumptious
Scrumptious as a cherry peach parfait
When your near us, it's so delicious
Honest, Truly, you're the answer to our wishes
Truly Scrumptious,
Though we may seem presumptuous
Never, never, ever go away
Our hearts beat so unruly
Because we love you truly
Honest, Truly, we do.

Truly scrumptious,
You two are truly scrumptious.
Scrumptious as the breeze across the bay
When you're smiling, it's so delicious
So beguiling - you're the answer to my wishes
Truly scrumptious,
You two are truly scrumptious
And I shan't forget this lovely day.
My heart beats so unruly
I also love you truly
Honest, truly, I do