Thursday, October 30, 2008

More Cheaters!

So, a few weeks ago I caught a kid cheating in my afternoon class. I gave her and the boy she copied off of a zero. This incident really pissed me off, and I was just starting to like my afternoon class again when I caught another kid plagiarizing. Or, rather, the nifty plagiarism software program caught the kid. I set up a conference with him today, and he 'fessed up without much struggle. Then his eyes teared up. He quietly said "Thank you" when I offered him the chance to rewrite the paper with a grade penalty, and then we moved on to another subject. He left in a pretty dejected mood. When it was over, I went to my TA meeting and got a nosebleed from the stress. Stupid f#$&ing cheaters!

1 comment:

yotababy said...

So WEIRD! I can't believe so many of your kids are cheating IN COLLEGE! Maybe it's just because I've always been such a big goody-two-shoes and too scared to cheat because I was sure I'd get caught, but...it seems so ridiculous!