Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Hate That I Haven't Posted

But really, I've just been doing school stuff. Well, that's not true. Last weekend we bought a ton of crap for our house. We bought new bedroom furniture - we totally bought a KING bed. Can you believe it? We are jumping from a full to a king. And my fantasy is that we will never fight over the sheets again! That necessitated buying new mattresses, and we got the pillowtop kind. Seriously, I feel like we're gong to be in the lap of luxury. No more 20-year-old mattress! And I am not exaggerating. My parents bought our current mattress for me when I was 11. I am now 31. Count'em - that's 20 years! No wonder my back hurts.

We also bought a new comforter and sheets, and Jonathan bought us a living room rug this week. We also found a "fainting chaise" for the reading room. I am going to come home and faint on it everyday until I get on my own nerves.

Other than that, I have nothing really to report. My classes -both kinds - are fine, and I won't bore any of you with the details. I am staying in Waco until Saturday this week which is kind of sad, since I'm lonely. But I just couldn't stomach driving to Dallas and back again to attend the silly Parents' Weekend coffee I have to go to on Saturday morning. In even more boring news, gas in Waco is $2.95!

One good thing is that Toad is here with me. He is being pretty good. I think he likes this apartment - it's harder for him to lose me here than at home.

2 comments:

yotababy said...

We miss you, Chazzy!

The Kilcoynes said...

Sorry that you're lonely. Sorry that you have to attend a parents' weekend thing.

Yeah! Happy about your new furniture! And a fainting chair? You got it goin' on!