Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back in Waco

I drove to Waco today to attend my teaching workshop and new student orientation this week. Here are my initial thoughts so far:

1) Katie - my new roommate. She has got to be one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in real life. I mean it. Absolutely gorgeous. She's very nice so far and friendly. She is super-girly and the apartment is very decorated and frilly. Not in an obnoxious way, but definitely not Spartan like my room is right now.

2) Baylor - Wow! They have really classed this place up! The buildings are gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to walking around campus tomorrow and seeing all the new and old places.

3) Wal-Mart - my checkout girl told me I looked like Zooey Deschanel. I love her forever. It makes me want to go back there again and again.

4) Big Daddy's (the local hamburger joint) is now a tanning salon! Whaaaaaat? I hope they just moved locations instead of going out of business.

So, all in all, it's been a good experience so far. I am excited and nervous about tomorrow. I hope the other grad students are nice. They have a lot to live up to considering the group of Medieval Studies grad students at SMU were awesome!

No comments: