Thursday, March 6, 2008

3 Things to Talk About...Inconceivable!

1) The weather in Dallas is awful. Jonathan just called to tell me he is coming home to work so he doesn't have to deal with icy roads. 5 minutes later my mother-in-law called to say she is stuck at the Dallas airport until Saturday. So, instead of saying "sucks for you," I called my husband, and he rescued her. So, we are having a spontaneous houseguest which makes me really happy I did the dishes and cleared off all the surfaces today.

2) I did our taxes today, and thanks to my status as a full-time student, plus the student loan interest we paid, plus my tuition deductions, we are getting a huge refund. Yay! Maybe I should never go back to work. Ha ha. I am one of those very strange people who actually LIKES doing their taxes. Even the year we ended up owing like $2,000, I still had fun with the actual process. Weird.

3) My professor sent me a very sweet e-mail apologizing for the accepted grad students coming into our class on Monday. She apologized if I felt awkward or embarrassed, and she was so nice about it. I was actually not all that upset, and I certainly didn't blame her for any weird feelings I did have, but it was nice that she thought of me at all.

No comments: