Saturday, February 2, 2008

You Know You're a Real Grown-Up When...

You watch "My So-Called Life" and you start to side with the parents. I thought the day would never come. But I was just watching an episode where Angela has to choose between attending her grandparents' 45th anniversary party or attending her friend Rayanne's kegger. She has a huge fight with her mom about it, and while the show - as always - does a fantastic job of showing and even legitimizing the teenage point of view, I was like, "No brainer - you have to go to the family thing." If we ever have kids, I want to buy copies of this show because it really helps me remember what I felt like as a teenager, and how unfair my parents seemed to be.

1 comment:

yotababy said...

I think I sided more with Angela's parents even back when I was in high school! But then, I was like the biggest goody-two-shoes ever, so I guess it's not all that surprising. Sometimes I think about watching that show again to see if my opinions have changed, but I so disliked Angela the first time through that I haven't been able to bring myself to do it!